RegICRS is an intranet course registration system that I developed in 2002 for Clarke County School District's Staff Development courses. This application allows (potentially 900) learners to:
- register for new courses
- drop courses in which they are currently enrolled
It also allows the instructors/administrators to:
- view (and/or email) registrants
- print out sign in sheets
- track attendance and course completion per learner.
As lead software developer and business analyst, my key responsibilities included:
This system has increased user access and choices, improved data integrity for record-keeping, and facilitated data communication.
- Working with staff to gather and document business and functional software requirements, across the multiple departments that would use the application.
- Designing the software system from gathered requirements, using detailed UML diagrams (Use Cases, & Concept Diagrams, Data-flow diagrams, etc.) to communicate concepts and system functionality to team members.
- Hiring, training, and supervising three additional Web developers.